Sunday 1 July 2012

Confidence

Before I start, I'd like to dedicate this post to my best friend, she means everything to me. And god only knows where I'd be if I didn't have her! I admire her so much, because she is so beautiful and confident and I respect that more than anything.

The one thing I have struggled with my whole life is confidence. I was bullied from an early age for being 'fat' and 'ugly', which has taken a major toll on the way I act now.
It's hard growing up in this generation, in which the most important thing to everyone is appearance. It is drilled into us so much that I wouldn't even dream of leaving the house without makeup, even though there's nothing particularly wrong with my skin, same goes for my friends.
Isn't this wrong?
People's perception of beauty is way off.

Curvaceous girls > Skinny stick insects

Love and best wishes; unidentified-bitch xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment